Friday, April 6, 2007

An Ode to Ben Folds

I drove to Atlanta last night with my wife and little sister. The drive was disorienting to me, even though I've driven it at least a hundred times. A Red Bull did me no good. I couldn't get comfortable. I needed something to lock me in...

Enter Ben Folds. Wherever you are, Ben, thanks for being a fine musician. Besides the quality of your piano playing, you have mastered something even more impressive. There is one thing that you do better than anyone else I have ever heard in my entire life. Seriously.

Nobody pulls off the casual cussword better than you, Ben Folds. Nobody.

We were "rocking the suburbs" on I-20 last night. Zac and Sara--brilliant. Fred Jones pt. 2-- moving. Fired--best of all. You are the man. Is it fun to be the man?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thomas, you are such a kidder.

Love,
Ben